If I could freeze time I would forever preserve Chaucer’s current stage of toddlerhood. I love it. Every day is a joy with him.
Matt and I find ourselves looking at him in awe of his cuteness. It crept up on us. I mean, he has always been adorable, don’t get me wrong. But as his speech develops we can see this incredible little personality emerge.
Here are my top ten favorite things about Chaucer right now:
1. Before he gets out of his crib he makes me acknowledge his “Baby.” Baby holds a prestigious place in Chaucer’s heart. He cannot sleep–and sometimes even function–without Baby.
2. He refers to his pacifier as “Pat.”
3. If he wants me to go somewhere he grabs my pant leg and literally pulls me to his destination.
4. He laughs like Gus on Cinderella–you know, the more rotund of Cinderella’s mice.
5. He will approach anyone—ANYONE if they have food. This is a good and bad thing. Probably mostly a bad thing, actually.
6. When Coco’s taking a nap he’ll sneak into the room and climb onto the bed to give her hugs.
7. He loves to brush his teeth. This is a rare, but practical quality in a toddler. And a boy.
8. If there’s music, he will dance. His signature move is a fist pump.
9. Besides Baby, Chaucer’s favorite object in the world is a ball. If you’ve spent any amount of time with him you know this to be true.
10. He makes you feel special.
He makes me feel special, anyway. I’m one lucky mama.
He is so beautiful! What a great little guy he sounds like:)
You might actually not want to freeze time for the reason mentioned above. If time was frozen, you wouldn’t notice (since you’d be temporally frozen, as well!). However, you might want to slow time down a bit. And this can be done. You and Chaucer just need to travel close to the speed of light and, given what we know about relativity theory, time will in fact slow down for you.
You’ll be so glad you’ve recorded these thoughts in a few years. You think you’ll remember them, but alas, the mind grows old and memories morph into a blurry vision in little snippets. Wish I had done better at all this and started earlier!
SO CHAUC!!!!!!!SWEETIE BABY & AWESOME MAMA…..
Love the post and the pictures – especially the last one! Can’t wait to see him in person!