Father’s Day is coming! I personally like Mother’s Day better, but that’s just me. I mean, guys really do have it easier when it comes to the whole “how they became a father” thing. Do I need to go into detail on that subject? No. I think not.
I have some pretty cool fathers in my life. To be clear, I only have one Daddy, but I have a terrific Dad-in-law and a wonderful husband who happens to be almost an even better dad.
These men are rad. Rad dads. Dads that are rad. Dads that are rad, not bad or sad or mad but glad to be rad dads. See Dick and Jane? See? My rhymes are better than yours.
Ok, I’m done with that. I can’t guarantee it won’t happen again, but I’ll stop for now.
The dads in my life have each taught me valuable truths. I would like to share a few lessons from each of these father figures.
|This is my Dad and two younger brothers. The one on the right is always goofing off.
1. Special occasions always call for Pig Cookies from Smiths.
2. In order to properly hang a picture you need a level and wall anchors. Always.
3. Hymns should be sung in a Bob Dylan voice.
4. Loading your pockets with Skittles will make church a lot more interesting.
5. Always “look” for a fart. Cupboards, doors, and underneath your shoes are usually where they can be found.
1. It’s never too early to read your kids The Lord of the Rings
2. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not only acceptable, but the preferred choice for all three meals of the day.
3. Monsters don’t have to be scary. And if they are, they can be hunted.
4. Hot dogs are the greatest threat to our children and should be thrown out when Daddy is not around to supervise. True story.
5. Diaper changing is much easier when Chaucer is serenaded with “Shake, shake, shake! Shake your bootie! Shake your bootie!”
1. Red Gatorade is the only thing to drink when you’re sick.
2. It’s ok to open Christmas presents five days before Christmas.
3. Hamburgers are actually called “Hangyburgers.”
4. Always. Always. Always mute commercials.
5. Go Steelers.
What’d I tell you? This stuff is gold. Now, if you’re stumped about what to bestow upon such rad dads I have an article written up over here
to give you some gift ideas. 5 Unique and Inexpensive Father’s Day Gifts
should get you going if you haven’t already found the perfect gift.