Tell me what you want, what you really, really want.Aug 11th

tell me

Change is underfoot. For some of us, school is just around the corner. For others, it’s around the corner thats around the corner, that’s behind the other corner. The point is, things are moving forward.

Even if your school doesn’t start until September–these are the last days. The last days of summer.

Hurray!!!!

Wait, am I the only one cheering? I’m sorry. I’m the girl who gets giddy at Staples looking for No. 2 pencils and three-ring binders. I had to contain that excitement as a kid because I knew it was dorky. Now I just embrace it. I’m just a dork, standing in front of a Staples store, saying I love a good pencil.

I look at the beginning of the school year much like I do the beginning of the New Year. Hustle bustle, resolutions up to my ears, and organization! Labels–color coding–fresh pens. Aaaah. Can you smell it? Can you smell the glorious scent of new paper?

Oh wait. We’re going paperless now, aren’t we? Shoot.

Well, maybe you are going paperless. I’m not sorry to say that my love of paper knows no bounds. As much as I organize my iPhone apps, I still feel better having a paper planner with highlighters and asterisks around important things. And maybe the occasional sticky note–you know, for the really important stuff.

I foresee this love of paper being one of the things that teenage Coco says in exasperation: “Oh MOOoooOOOm! You’re so old fashioned!”

Hmmph.

Moving on.

So yes, I’m excited about school starting because it allows me the momentary fantasy that my life will become more organized.

And maybe that’s just a pipe-dream, but I do know that blogging is always better in the Fall. If you’re a blogger, you’ll know what I mean. People are more apt to read blogs in the fall rather than the summer. Plus, there’s all these fun things to talk about like school, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Woohoo!

Which brings me to the point of today’s post. I would like to get on a better blogging schedule. It’s been sporadic over the summer, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s summer. But I do hope to be a bit more scheduled this fall. Which is why I’ve started eating Activia now.

Ahem.

So. I need your input. I need to know what you want to hear about. Here’s my plan. I’ll blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Monday will be a kickstarter–maybe something funny or inspirational, k? Wednesday will be a vlog about whatever the heck I want to talk about (I’m like, SO into vlogging right now!). And Friday is up for grabs.

I’m trying to figure out what you guys like. Do you like fashion? Food? Hearing me whine about my first world problems? Open up my deepest and darkest? Act like an expert and show you how to do stuff? Tell you about the latest and greatest I’ve discovered? Once upon a time I even did home decor stuff {gasp!} Come ON! Tell me!

Please. Input. I don’t know what you want. I’m just a girl, standing in front of my blog, asking you to love me. Or read me. Both, actually.

Now, while I have your attention–go follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and ESPECIALLY Youtube!!

Ok, lovelies! Please give me your input. It is ESSENTIAL to me at this point πŸ™‚

18 Responses to Tell me what you want, what you really, really want.Aug 11th

1. Stacey August 12, 2013 at 9:29 am #

I love the Notting Hill reference. πŸ™‚ I just started reading your blog because I’m friends with Candace and Laura who talk about it all the time while our girls do gymnastics. I love food ideas because I hate to cook and even worse I hate shopping and meal planning so anything that has to do with those two things and how to make my life easier, I’m down for. πŸ™‚

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

Well hi there! So you must know an awful lot about me if you’re friends with Candace πŸ™‚

Actually, if you want real help with shopping and meal planning, Candace is the go-to-girl. Seriously. She is the most organized person I know. And she’s an amazing cook! I wish she could be my personal assistant/chef.

• tom August 17, 2013 at 5:59 am #

epic cook indeed!

2. Keri August 12, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

I like food…but really I just enjoy reading everything you come up with. You have a great writing style – so friendly and funny and lovely. Just keep up the blogging and I’ll keep reading. πŸ™‚

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

Okiedokie. I shall try to do more food posts. But that means I have to stop serving cereal for dinner and start cooking haha!

3. BrerMatt August 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

All I really wanna do is zig a zig ah.

I don’t care about fashion, but if you want to talk about it, I’ll just skip over that. All the other stuff is good. Expertly home decorating your first world deepest and darkest discoveries…

All that really matters is that you be yourself.

Yes, I realize that’s a clichΓ© platitude. But I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far. Embrace you-being-you, and write for yourself first, and I think we’ll keep following.

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

Wait…you don’t like my fashion posts? hahahaha thanks for becoming such a great supporter of my blog! I will aim to be myself in every way possible πŸ™‚

4. Erin M August 12, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

Personally, I enjoy reading about your first world probs! Ha, you have a great way of making them humorous and it’s just the way to make me laugh! I think you are somewhat cynical (?), like me, and obviously not a neat freak (pic from FB), also, like me! Plus, I thoroughly enjoy bacon! πŸ˜€

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:49 pm #

Ok, more of that then for sure! Thanks for the encouragement πŸ™‚ And yes, I am not a neat freak haha

5. Karee Alexander August 12, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

I enjoy the deep, heart changing stuff. I am an introvert after all. In reality though, I would read anything your write. I vote for letting your light shine and sprinkling it with quirkiness. Love you!

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks, Karee! You inspire me to be more deep and heart changing πŸ™‚ Wish I could have a slice of your brain for those sort of posts–you should start a blog!

6. Chris Carter August 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

You know how much I love the good deep stuff, Hilary! But you are so fun to read and watch that anything you do is worth a look!!!
    School walk through is Tomorrow (actually today I suppose) and first day is Wednesday! GASP! And yes- I am anxious to get a routine down with my blogging and reaching and writing…

I hope you get some good feedback sweetie!! You have so many who love you whatever you choose to share! XOXO…

(I think Karee stole MY line- “letting your light shine and sprinkling it with quirkiness”- Ah that’s a good one!!)

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks for always supporting me, Chris! You always encourage me–no matter what.

HUGS!!!

7. Aleta August 14, 2013 at 7:31 am #

I’m a catch-all kinda blogger – whatever is out there, I enjoy reading. But what I like the most is the open and honest bloggers, that keep it real πŸ™‚

• hillary August 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

Me too. The minute something starts smelling fake I book it.

8. tom August 15, 2013 at 6:42 am #

do you really want to know what i want you to write about? why is it so hard to get a basic commitment from any one one here after all ive been on here for a few years now?

9. Lidia August 15, 2013 at 9:07 am #

I have been following your blog for a while now because I think you are pretty funny!! So I think you should blog about whatever you randomly discover and include some food posts too, also maybe some book recommendations! I always look forward to seeing your new posts, keep it up!!
    -Lidia

10. tom August 17, 2013 at 5:58 am #

you are getting more witty than ever! you are alright in my book! just be real and i will keep reading!