For First Time Ever This WeekOct 29th

Good Morning, Friends.

This week is loaded with firsts. And might I say, some significant firsts.

1.) My kids Halloween costumes will coordinate. This hasn’t happened before, and I doubt it will happen ever again. But this week, for the first time ever, they will.

2.) I will volunteer at a school Halloween party. For the first time ever, I will bring two dozen unfrosted pumpkin-shaped cookies for a gaggle of preschoolers.

3.) I will go to a rheumatologist at Kaiser. I’ve been to rheumys before, but this week, for the first time ever, I’m seeing one at Kaiser. [and hopefully walking away with meds!]

4.)I will board a plane by myself and fly to Chicago. I’ve flown alone before, but never to Chicago. But this week, for the first time ever, I will. And I will take my trusty tablet of lorazepam with me!

5.) For the first time ever, I will meet bloggy friends face to face. Like Keely Flynn from Lollygag Blog. Woohoo!!

6.) For the first time ever, this week I will be sharing a room with two bloggy friends Brittany from Naturally Estes and Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode. That’s right. Roommates who have never met face to face. Bring it.

7.) For the first time ever, I will be going on a trip that is exclusively for me and my dreams. It’s not just a fun trip to see family, or a girls weekend with friends. It’s a serious milestone, because it takes how I see myself to the next level. I hope to leave with a greater understanding of the business of blogging and how I can get closer to my dream job (sssh, its kind of a secret).

8.) I will hand out professional business cards for the first time ever in Chicago.

9.) I will be an independent woman for two days in The Windy City.

10.For the first time ever, this week, I get to go Christmas shopping on the Magnificent Mile.

Ok, before you turn completely green with envy let me stop you!

Guys, this opportunity to do all of this is really because of your faithful support as readers. You guys are like the bees knees for always coming back to me and finding me on Pinterest,  Facebook, The Tweet Street  and all that jazz. You guys made it possible for piddly old me to make enough money to act like a professional (haha that you’d like to see) by going to a professional conference. I hope I learn how to make more money. We could use it. For realz.

But I hope more than anything they give me some lovely tips on how to keep my readers happy and make the space better for them. For realz.

Have you got any firsts this week?

34 Responses to For First Time Ever This WeekOct 29th

1. Kim@Co-Pilot Mom October 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Halloween, a party and a trip – how exciting! You have a big week ahead! Have a fantastic time, I am sure it will be awesome!

• hillary October 29, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Thanks! Yes, it’s quite a big week. Hopefully I’ll just take the time to ENJOY it all as nothing this exciting happens to me ever. Haha

2. Jamie@SouthMainMuse October 29, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

I am completely green. We just visited Chicago a month ago and I loved it. And you get to go for a Bloggy Conference? You just save one of those cards for me, please. Have a great week of firsts.

• hillary October 29, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

Have you been to a blogging conference before? I’ll save you a card–lets connect at one soon!

3. Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms October 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

I am so excited for you! What an exciting bunch of firsts you have planned! Have a great time and report back. Ellen and I THINK we would like to go to a blog conference. Erin

• hillary October 29, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

Thank you! You guys definitely should! Of course, I have no idea what it will be like but from what I hear its a ton of fun :)

4. Runnermom-jen October 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

How very, VERY exciting for you!!! I hope you learn a lot and have fun :)

And, can I tell you that my kids’ costumes have never ever coordinated before, so good job, mama!!

• hillary October 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Thank you :) It was so last minute–the costumes. But they turned out better than I had hoped so I can’t wait to share pictures!!

5. Sara Ivy October 29, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Glad you are going to bloggy bootcamp! Hopefully you’ll have a positive experience!

Stopping by from SITS,

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Thank you! Have you ever been to one before?

6. Robbie October 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm #

Sounds like a week of many exciting firsts. I admit I’m a little jealous. Enjoy the windy city. I’ve only been to the airport.

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

They DO have a nice airport, though. I’ve been wanting to go to a Bloggy Boot Camp for a long time. I even had purchased tickets two years ago for one in Sandiego. But then I had all these health problems and two hand surgeries so I couldn’t get there :( I am ready to take this one on!

7. Stephanie Sprenger October 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

First of all, I LOVE the title of your blog!
    Good for you for taking the next step with your blog- I hope you have a fantastic trip, learn a lot, and maybe even relax a LITTLE.

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Thank you :) That title was something I came up with on a whim because I wasn’t too sure of starting a blog. I ended up loving it. I don’t know about the relaxing part, but I am planning on having a great time!

8. Kate Hall October 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Oh, I’m totally jealous about the conference, especially because I live in Chiacgo and could just skip right down there. Except it’s full, expensive and I got no babysitter. Oh well, next time. ;-). Fun list!

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

:( Sad day! You need to go next time! I hear that Blogher is going to be in Chicago next year so maybe you can hit up that one.

9. Marie October 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

How fun! Amazing how many firsts you have coming up! Have a great time in Chicago and hope you don’t get waylaid by the big storm.

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

I’m a little freaked to be flying when there’s a great storm ahappening. But I don’t think it’ll be too close to Chicago. But that’s what the xanax is for!

10. Kate October 29, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

I’m so jealous of it all…the costumes, the conference, the getting to go by yourself part!

I hope you have an amazing time in Chicago! I’ve never been, but I think the whole fam is going to make a trip up there in late spring.

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

I’ve been once before and I loved it! I think there is a ton to do with kids. When I went last time I was so amazed by the aquarium, the museum, and just the impressive architecture. It’s gorgeous!

11. Amber October 29, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

LOVED the kiddo’s costumes. LOVE that your excited about your new Doc. LOVE that your headed to Chicago for a few days of Y O U time! So great!!

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Thanks :) I love you! When can we talk??

12. Kelley October 30, 2012 at 4:41 am #

I found you over at Sue’s, who I adore! (Or is it WHOM??? Gah! Why can’t I have better brain cells??). So happy for you that you are headed to a blogging conference. Hope you learn lots!

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Hey Kelley! I feel honored that you found me cause I know who you are 😉 And you have awesome brain cells. I am envious of those cells cause they produce really funny blog content

13. Anja October 30, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Wow, that sure is a busy week! I can’t imagine how you handle all of that and travelling to Chicago!

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

We’ll see! Haven’t done it all yet so hopefully it all works out :)

14. deebs October 30, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

when you’re famous I’mma be all like… “I knew her beore we all had stretch marks and fuzzy mom brains”… yeah I said it.

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

You’re funny. I think between the two of us you’ll be the famous one. What with all your talent in singing, acting, and being beautiful :)

15. Audrey October 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

I am green with envy! And coordinating Halloween costumes! I wish :) Have a fun time on your trip!

• hillary October 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Thanks! I’m posting the Halloween costumes tomorrow so come back and see :)

16. Jennifer Ford Berry October 31, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Good luck this week Hillary! I look forward to meeting you in the Windy City at BBC!!! What time do you fly in?

• hillary October 31, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

Hey there! I’ll be getting in right at 2:00 on Friday. My plane lands at 1:15 so I’m gonna have to really hustle to make it at the beginning! Look forward to meeting you, too! I am so excited to go!

17. Stasha November 5, 2012 at 5:15 am #

I am fashionably late to this party so I get the chance to ask: how did the conference go?! Dd you have an amazing time? I am sure you did!! I met some great friends at BBC Seattle last year and enjoyed every moment. So happy for you!

• hillary November 5, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Hi! The conference was phenomenal! Just blogged about it this morning! I seriously made life-long friends there :)